Yeehaw!! Frosted chocolate cupcakes are given a "hat" and tied off with a "lasso". Of course, a couple of gals had to get in the middle of the pic!
- Chocolate frosted chocolate cupcakes (I used cake mix and canned frosting)
- Pringle potato chips (Original)
- Large white sugar-coated gumdrops
- Twizzlers Pull 'n Peel string licorice candy
- Twine for decorating cupcakes
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 55mins
Bake and cool cupcakes. Tie a small piece of twine around each cupcake.
While cupcakes are cooling, make the hats:
Snip a small cut in the center of each gumdrop and dip it in sugar so it won't stick back together. Peel off a string of the licorice and cut to fit around the base of each gumdrop, pinching the ends together to seal. Place one in the center of each potato chip. (Secure gumdrop with a dot of frosting (or melted white chocolate) underneath, if needed.)
When cupcakes are cool, frost tops generously and carefully place a "hat" on each one.
NOTE: The gumdrops I had were too small so I had to split two of them and join together, dabbing the peak in sugar to keep it from sticking back together.
You'll also love
- Sees Fudge 4/5 (112 Votes)
- Zucchini, Squash, Onion & Cheese... 4/5 (91 Votes)
- Chocolate Pudding Dump Cake 4.1/5 (114 Votes)
- Pressure Cooker Orange Glazed Pork... 4.6/5 (42 Votes)
- Pink Champagne Punch 4.2/5 (76 Votes)
- Lemon Cupcakes with Lemon Mousse... 4.4/5 (54 Votes)
- Mud Slide Jello Shots 4.2/5 (73 Votes)
- Bacon Asparagus Pastry Twists 5/5 (8 Votes)