Orange Zested Cookies With Sweet Orange Glaze
The fresh orange juice and zest make these cookies extra special. Serve with a tall glass of milk and you have an easy snack to pick you up during the day!
- 2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons orange zest
- 2 tablespoons fresh orange juice
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- fresh orange juice
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 30mins
In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside. In a small bowl, mix the sugar and orange zest. Rub together with your fingers until zest is throughout the sugar. The sugar will become moist from the oils being released.
Using a mixer, cream the butter and orange zested sugar. Add egg and orange juice. Slowly add the dry ingredients until well incorporated. At this point you can chill for an hour or so or overnight. Scoop onto a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper and roll into smooth round balls. Bake at 350°F for about 10 to 12 minutes or until very lightly golden on the bottoms. Don’t over bake or they will be a bit to dry and lose the perfect texture.
Mix the confectioners’ sugar, orange zest and enough orange juice to get a glaze consistency and mix until smooth and creamy. Pour glaze over the tops of the cookies and let set.
Feel free to mix up the citruses. Use lemons or limes instead of oranges, or use some of each.
You'll also love
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (891 Votes)
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.4/5 (904 Votes)
- Blood Orange Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (742 Votes)
- Jalapeno Popper Spread 4.5/5 (685 Votes)
- Crock Pot Beef & Broccoli 4.5/5 (498 Votes)
- Impossible Pumpkin Pie Cupcakes 4.5/5 (407 Votes)
- Christmas Pecan Balls 4.6/5 (311 Votes)
- Apple Brie Tarts 4.5/5 (311 Votes)