Caramel Filled Apples
A fun easy way to enjoy caramel apples like those of your childhood. Great for kids and adults alike.
- fresh lemon juice from 1 lemon
- 5 apples, Granny Smith work best
- 1/2 cup water
- caramel candies
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 180mins
Cut the apples in half lengthwise. Using a melon baller, scoop out the inside of the apples, taking care to create a shell of even thickness. Set apple halves into cups of a muffin pan and squeeze or brush lemon juice onto cut apples to reduce browning. Place in fridge until filling is ready.
To a medium saucepan, add water and caramels and heat until caramels are melted. Fill each apple cup with caramel mixture. Refrigerate a few hours or overnight.
To serve, place apples flesh-down (caramel down) on cutting board. Cut lengthwise in half, then in half again. Trim off any brown parts with a paring knife. Serve immediately. (The lemon juice can only prevent the browning for so long).
You'll also love
- Yummy Cheese Soup 4.5/5 (87 Votes)
- The Pioneer Woman's Sausage Gravy 3.9/5 (206 Votes)
- Quick Italian Cream Cake Recipe 3.9/5 (195 Votes)
- Edamame Succotash with Shrimp 4.6/5 (78 Votes)
- Garlic Parmesan Roasted Brussel... 4.6/5 (81 Votes)
- Papa John’s Garlic Dipping Sauce 3.9/5 (319 Votes)
- Coconut Cream Pie Bars 4.4/5 (98 Votes)
- Snicker Caramel Apple Pie 4.5/5 (84 Votes)