Caramel Filled Apples
A fun easy way to enjoy caramel apples like those of your childhood. Great for kids and adults alike.
- fresh lemon juice from 1 lemon
- 5 apples, Granny Smith work best
- 1/2 cup water
- caramel candies
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 180mins
Cut the apples in half lengthwise. Using a melon baller, scoop out the inside of the apples, taking care to create a shell of even thickness. Set apple halves into cups of a muffin pan and squeeze or brush lemon juice onto cut apples to reduce browning. Place in fridge until filling is ready.
To a medium saucepan, add water and caramels and heat until caramels are melted. Fill each apple cup with caramel mixture. Refrigerate a few hours or overnight.
To serve, place apples flesh-down (caramel down) on cutting board. Cut lengthwise in half, then in half again. Trim off any brown parts with a paring knife. Serve immediately. (The lemon juice can only prevent the browning for so long).
You'll also love
- Pumpkin banana muffins with apples... 4.5/5 (19 Votes)
- Meat Lovers Calzone 4.5/5 (19 Votes)
- Pumpkin Dump Cake 4.5/5 (19 Votes)
- Bananas foster French bread pudding 4.5/5 (19 Votes)
- Two-Ingredient Lemon Bars 4.5/5 (19 Votes)
- Apple Cake 4.5/5 (19 Votes)
- Frosted Pineapple Lemon Gelatin 4.5/5 (19 Votes)
- Easter Peep S'mores 4.6/5 (16 Votes)