Caramel Filled Apples
A fun easy way to enjoy caramel apples like those of your childhood. Great for kids and adults alike.
- fresh lemon juice from 1 lemon
- 5 apples, Granny Smith work best
- 1/2 cup water
- caramel candies
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 180mins
Cut the apples in half lengthwise. Using a melon baller, scoop out the inside of the apples, taking care to create a shell of even thickness. Set apple halves into cups of a muffin pan and squeeze or brush lemon juice onto cut apples to reduce browning. Place in fridge until filling is ready.
To a medium saucepan, add water and caramels and heat until caramels are melted. Fill each apple cup with caramel mixture. Refrigerate a few hours or overnight.
To serve, place apples flesh-down (caramel down) on cutting board. Cut lengthwise in half, then in half again. Trim off any brown parts with a paring knife. Serve immediately. (The lemon juice can only prevent the browning for so long).
You'll also love
- Peanut Butter Cup Brownie Bottom... 4.2/5 (202 Votes)
- Liquid Marijuana Drink 4/5 (221 Votes)
- Panera Bread Signature Macaroni &... 4.3/5 (175 Votes)
- ZZ Pumpkin Beignets (Disney's Club... 4.4/5 (179 Votes)
- Lemon Cream Cheese Pie 4.5/5 (149 Votes)
- Banana Crunch Bread 4.4/5 (176 Votes)
- Pineapple Mango Rum Cocktail 4.4/5 (157 Votes)
- Philadelphia 3-Step Cheesecake 3.8/5 (659 Votes)