Orange Creamsicle White Chocolate Chip Softbatch Cookies
These Orange Creamsicle White Chocolate cookies are big, soft and delicious! The orange flavor and zest complement the white chocolate chips to remind you of your favorite popsicles.
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons almond extract
- 1 to 2 teaspoons orange extract, optional (I did not use and cookies were still 'orangey' enough, but for extra orange flavor, use it)
- 2 tablespoons cream or half-and-half
- 2 tablespoons freshly grated orange zest
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons corn starch
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- Pinch salt, optional and to taste
- 1 (10-ounce) bag white chocolate chips, about 1 1/2 heaping cups
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 45mins
To the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment (or large bowl and electric hand mixer), cream together the butter, sugars, egg, and extracts on medium-high speed until very light and fluffy, about 5 minutes.
Stop, scrape down the sides of the bowl, and add the cream, zest, and mix on medium speed until incorporated, about 1 minute.
Stop, scrape down the sides of the bowl, and add the flour, corn starch, baking soda, optional salt, and mix on low speed until just incorporated, about 1 minute; don't overmix.
Add the white chocolate chips, and mix on low speed until just incorporated.
Allow cookies to cool on the baking sheet for about 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to finish cooking. Cookies will keep airtight at room temperature for up to 1 week or in the freezer for up to 4 months. Unbaked cookie dough can be stored airtight in the refrigerator for up to 5 days, or frozen for up to 4 months, so consider baking only as many cookies as desired and save the remaining dough to be baked in the future when desired.
You'll also love
- Banana Pudding Cake 4.6/5 (22 Votes)
- Broccoli Cheddar Soup 4.6/5 (22 Votes)
- Strawberry Christmas Tree Brownie... 4.4/5 (24 Votes)
- Sweet Potato & Pecan Pie with... 4.5/5 (28 Votes)
- Fruit Ambrosia 4.6/5 (22 Votes)
- Lemony Kale and Radish Saute 4.2/5 (39 Votes)
- Grilled Pork Tenderloin with Guava... 4.8/5 (6 Votes)
- Chicken A L’Orange 4.8/5 (6 Votes)
Review this recipe