Baked Orzo with Spinach, Bacon and Feta
- 1 cup orzo
- 12 ounces thick-cut bacon, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 1/2 pounds leeks, white and tender green parts only, thinly sliced
- 10 ounces baby spinach
- 8 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
- Freshly ground pepper
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup milk
Preheat the oven to 375°. In a large saucepan of salted boiling water, cook the orzo until al dente. Drain and transfer to a medium bowl.
In a large skillet, cook the bacon over moderate heat until browned, 8 minutes. Add the leeks and cook until tender, 8 minutes. Add the leek mixture to the orzo, leaving 1 tablespoon of fat in the skillet. Add the spinach to the skillet and cook until wilted; transfer to a colander and press out the excess liquid. Add the spinach to the orzo, fold in the feta and season with salt and pepper.
In a bowl, whisk the eggs with the yogurt and milk, season with pepper and stir into the orzo. Scrape the mixture into an oiled 12-by-8-inch baking dish and bake for about 45 minutes, until the eggs are set and the top is browned. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.
You'll also love
- Panera's Low-Fat Lemon Chicken... 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Ham & Cheese Stuffed Mushrooms 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Paleo Chili Garlic Sauce 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Ziti, Eggplant, and Fontina Gratin 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Slow Cooker Shredded Turkey Gyros 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Mini Tartes Flambées 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Pork Loin 5/5 (1 Votes)
- PEPPER JACK/SPINACH/CHICKEN 5/5 (1 Votes)