Turkey meatballs in tomato sauce (crockpot)
- 2 (8 oz) cans tomato sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground thyme
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 1/4 pounds lean ground turkey
- 1/2 cup long-grain rice
- 2 tablespoons minced onion
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
Combine tomato sauce, garlic powder, thyme, and water in slow cooker.
In medium bowl, combine turkey, rice, onion, salt, and pepper, mixing well. Shape into balls about the size of golf balls. Place meatballs in tomato mixture in slow cooker. Cover and cook on LOW 7-8 hours or until rice is tender.