Creamy Slow Cooker Tortellini Soup
A simple to make, rich and creamy, scrumptiously delicious Slow Cooker Tortellini Soup. Serve with ground black pepper, Parmesan cheese and enjoy!
- 1 (1 1/2 to 2 ounce) envelope white sauce mix
- 4 cups water
- 1 (14-ounce) can vegetable broth
- 1 1/2 cups) fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano, crushed
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 (7 or 8-ounce) package dried cheese tortellini (about 2 cups)
- 1 (12-ounce) can evaporated milk
- 6 cups fresh baby spinach leaves or torn spinach
- Ground black pepper (optional)
- Parmesan cheese, finely shredded (optional)
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 210mins
Adapted from myfavoritethings-miranda.blogspot.com
Place dry white sauce mix in a 3 1/2- or 4-quart slow cooker. Gradually add the water to the white sauce mix, stirring until smooth. Stir in broth, mushrooms, onion, garlic, basil, salt, oregano, and cayenne pepper.
Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 5 to 6 hours or on high-heat setting for 2-1/2 to 3 hours.
Stir in dried tortellini. Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 1 hour more or high-heat setting for 45 minutes more.
Stir in evaporated milk and fresh spinach. If desired, sprinkle individual servings with black pepper and Parmesan cheese.
You'll also love
- Valentine's Day Sugar Cookies 4.6/5 (37 Votes)
- CRACK POTATOES 4.6/5 (37 Votes)
- Strawberry Gelato 4.6/5 (37 Votes)
- Italian Sausage Tortellini Soup 4.6/5 (37 Votes)
- Panko Crusted Crab Cake Bites with... 4.7/5 (33 Votes)
- Roasted Mushrooms Stuffed With... 4.5/5 (51 Votes)
- Dorito Chicken Casserole 4.3/5 (63 Votes)
- Easy Baked Macaroni and Cheese 4.6/5 (39 Votes)