Carrot- Ginger Bran Muffins
Healthy and delicious! Carrots are rich in immune-boosting vitamin A, zinc-packed pumpkin seeds ward off infection, and apple juice flows with sniffle-stifling vitamin C. "If your body needs to protect itself or heal, these three vitamins are essential in these nutrient packed carrot ginger bran muffins.
- 1/4 (3-ounces) can frozen unsweetened apple juice concentrate
- 1/2 cup wheat bran
- 1 1/4 cups whole-wheat or other whole-grain flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon dried ginger, ground
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup yogurt
- 1/2 cup carrots, shredded
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, grated
- 3 tablespoons molasses
- 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 35mins
Adapted from recipes.womenshealthmag.com
Preheat oven to 375°F.
Boil juice over high heat until it becomes syrupy. Set aside and let cool.
In a large bowl, whisk together wheat bran, flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, and dried ginger.
In a separate bowl, combine reduced juice, egg, yogurt, carrot, fresh ginger, and molasses. Combine mixtures and then fold in pumpkin seeds.
Spoon batter into paper-lined muffin cups. Bake for 18 to 20 minutes or until tops spring back when lightly touched. Cool on a wire rack.
CALORIES 108.6 CAL
FAT 2.6 G
SATURATED FAT 0.5 G
CHOLESTEROL 18.3 MG
SODIUM 177.1 MG
CARBOHYDRATES 19.8 G
TOTAL SUGARS 8.3 G
DIETARY FIBER 2.6 G
PROTEIN 4.1 G
You'll also love
- Seafood Enchiladas 4.6/5 (9 Votes)
- Mussels in Spicy Broth 4.6/5 (9 Votes)
- Corn Salad 4.6/5 (9 Votes)
- Asian Marinated Chick/Corn/Basil... 4.6/5 (9 Votes)
- Strawberry Daiquiri Cake 4.6/5 (9 Votes)
- Cabbage Salad with carrots, apples... 4.6/5 (9 Votes)
- Warm Christmas Punch 4.6/5 (9 Votes)
- Carrot Mandarin Layer Cake 4.6/5 (5 Votes)