This beautiful dish can be on the table in 30 minutes! Elegant but simple to make, this spring pasta recipe is great for your mid-week dinner slump.
- 3/4 box Campanelle, Farfalle or Orecchiete Pasta
- 1/2 cup white wine (I prefer sauvignon blanc)
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 1 large shallot, sliced thin
- 2 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 1 cup pancetta, finely chopped
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- OPTIONAL: 1/4 cup sun-dried tomatoes (in oil) rinsed and drained
- 8 to 10 fresh asparagus stalks, cut into 1" pieces (you can use more)
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 30mins
Cook pasta in salted water until al dente. (according to box directions)
While the pasta is cooking: Add a small amount of olive oil into a large skillet, deep enough to hold the pasta dish.
2 minutes before the pasta is cooked, toss the asparagus into the pot of pasta and cook for the last two minutes. DO NOT OVERCOOK THE ASPARAGUS!
Drain the pasta and asparagus well; you will be adding this into the sauce in a deep pan.
On a medium heat, cook pancetta, until lightly golden (3 to 5 minutes); push pancetta off to the side.
Add shallots and cook for 1 to 2 minutes.
Add garlic, just until fragrant; about 30 seconds, do not burn the garlic!
Add the white wine, and turn up the heat to medium-high. Allow wine to reduce for 3 to 5 minutes.
Add the chicken stock and sun-dried tomatoes and allow to cook about 3 to 5 more minutes.
Reduce the heat, and add the heavy cream.
Add the drained pasta and asparagus into the sauce and gently stir to combine.
Garnish with fresh grated parmesan and fresh chopped Italian parsley.
You could use prosciutto, instead of pancetta and even change your herbs around.
You'll also love
- Pretzel Buns 4.2/5 (39 Votes)
- Boiled Turkey Necks 4/5 (105 Votes)
- Tex-Mex Chopped Chicken Salad 3.9/5 (105 Votes)
- Chicken & Wild Rice Soup 4.3/5 (36 Votes)
- Great-grandma Ellen's... 4/5 (55 Votes)
- Chamorro Chicken Curry 4.3/5 (11 Votes)
- Tomato Macaroni Cheese Bake 4.6/5 (5 Votes)
- Bolognese with Riccarelle Pasta 4.6/5 (5 Votes)