Crab Enchiladas with Tomatillo Sauce & Avocados
Delicious creamy and crabby enchiladas are topped with a homemade tomatillo sauce and avocados for a suprisingly easy weeknight supper that tastes and looks like you spent all afternoon in the kitchen.
- 1 cup crab meat, I used Louis Kemp Imitation Crab
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup minced green onions
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro, optional
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregono
- 1/2 cup shredded Mexican-blend cheese
- TOMATILLO SAUCE:
- 1 pound tomatillos
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 jalapeno
- 1 cup chicken or vegetable broth
- 6 corn tortillas
- 1/2 cup Mexican-blend cheese
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 50mins
Make the tomatillo sauce:
Take the paper-like coverings off the tomatillos and clean them. Heat a grill or griddle pan to medium high. Grill the tomatillos, garlic cloves and jalapeno until they have char marks and are slightly soft from being cooked. Remove them and let them cool. If you want your sauce to not be quite as spicy, remove the seeds from the jalapeno.
Place the tomatillos, garlic and jalapeno into a blender with the chicken broth. Blend on high until a nice sauce.
Make the crab enchilada filling:
Mix all of the ingredients except the crab in a medium size bowl. Gently stir in the crab, trying not to break it up too much.
Make the enchiladas:
Spray a casserole dish with non-stick spray. Put about 1/4 cup of the tomatillo sauce in the bottom of the dish.
Take a corn tortilla and quickly dip it into the tomatillo sauce. Then add about 4 tablespoons of filling and roll it up and place seam side down in a casserole dish. Do this with all 6 tortillas.
Top with more of the tomatillo sauce and the remaining shredded Mexican-blend cheese.
Bake at 350°F for about 30 minutes or until heated through and the cheese is melted.
Remove from oven and top with slices of avocado and chopped tomatoes. Serve with additional sour cream, if you'd like.
You'll also love
- HERB CRUSTED BEEF WITH DIJON CREAM... 4.6/5 (7 Votes)
- Cauliflower Hummus with Olives 4.6/5 (5 Votes)
- Crustless Chocolate Raspberry... 4.3/5 (7 Votes)
- Southern Style Creamed Corn 4.6/5 (8 Votes)
- Crab Enchiladas with Green Mole 4.6/5 (5 Votes)
- Corn Meal Crusted Red Snapper 4.6/5 (5 Votes)
- Balsamic Reduction with Grilled... 4.6/5 (5 Votes)
- Spicy Corn and Crab Chowder 4.6/5 (7 Votes)
Review this recipe