green stuff - good for you
can be cooked many ways
steam, with butter and oil
in a soup
- You usually buy kale based upon the size pot you have.
- It start out large and cooks down.
- Ingredients should be varied based upon the amount.
- 6 quarts - Kale - enough to fill my 6 quart pot - push it down.
- 1 or 2 chicken bouillon cubes
- 1 to 1-1/2 cups of water
- piece of fat back
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 25mins
Wash kale, cut large stems out if desired ( I don't)
Put in large pot.
Dissolve 1 or 2 chicken bouillon cubes in a cup of boiling water, put in pot with kale.
Add about 1/2 cup more water.
Put on high heat bring liquid to a boil, then lower heat to medium.
Boil about 15 minutes until desired tenderness.
Drain liquid, serve hot with butter, salt and pepper and pickle relish.