Chicken Breasts stuffed with Spinach, Ricotta and Provolone Cheese
A mixture of ricotta cheese, spinach and provolone cheese stuffed inside chicken breast and topped with a rich tomato sauce.
- 20 ounces chicken breast halves, boneless and skinless 4 breasts about 5 ounces each
- 1 x salt to taste
- 1 x black pepper to taste
- 15 ounces ricotta cheese about one container
- 10 ounces spinach frozen chopped, well thawed and drained
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 2 large eggs beaten
- 8 ounces provolone cheese or mozzarella, divided
- 16 ounce spaghetti sauce prepared, your favorite rich and thick variety
- 4 each chicken breasts halves
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
Rinse and dry the chicken breast with paper towelling.
Season chicken breasts with salt and pepper.
Using a small sharp knife make a slit in each chicken breast in which to insert the stuffing. Be careful not to cut all the way through the breast.
Combine the spinach, garlic, eggs, ricotta and about 3/4 of the shredded cheese.
Using about 1/4 of the mixture stuff each breast, secure with toothpicks if needed and place onto a prepared greased baking dish.
Spoon sauce over all and sprinkle with remaining cheese.
Bake until done, brown and bubbly and the juices run clear, about 30 minutes and the temperature inside the breast is 160 degrees F which continues up to 165F after a 5 minutes rest.
If you have larger chicken breasts or depending on your oven bake for 45 to 60 minutes if you are unsure.
You'll also love
- POWER muffins:... 4.1/5 (76 Votes)
- Parmesan Corn Grits w/ Country Ham 4.3/5 (44 Votes)
- Three Ingredient Chicken 4.3/5 (47 Votes)
- Asian Sesame Chicken Salad... 4.1/5 (78 Votes)
- The Pioneer Woman Prime Rib Roast 4.2/5 (56 Votes)
- ANCHO-RUBBED PRIME RIB STEAKS WITH... 4.8/5 (13 Votes)
- Smoked Salmon & Cucumber 4.8/5 (13 Votes)
- Bacon & Egg Sandwiches with... 4.6/5 (27 Votes)