Roasted Pineapple Rum Chicken
- 2 lbs assorted chicken pieces like breasts, thighs and legs
- 4 Tbsp butter
- 2 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1/2 cup onion, diced
- 1/3 cup Captain Morgan White Rum
- 2 jalapeño peppers, seeded and finely chopped
- 3 cups fresh pineapple, diced (canned is fine if you drain well)
- 3/4 cup orange juice
- 1 Tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tsp corn starch
- salt and pepper to taste
Adapted from abeautifulbite.com
Preheat oven to 325º. Place chicken parts in a 9x13 baker. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
In a medium sized pot over medium high heat, melt the butter. Add brown sugar and onion. Cook for four minutes.
Add the rum, peppers, pineapple, orange juice and soy sauce. Lower the heat to medium and allow to simmer for five minutes.
Scoop out two Tbsp of the liquid and place in a small bowl. Whisk in the cornstarch until completely incorporated. Pour this mixture back into the pot and cook for another three minutes.
Pour contents in pot over chicken breasts. Place in a 325º oven for 45 minutes or until a thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the breast reads 160º.
Serve over rice or with plantains. Garnish with cilantro if desired.
You'll also love
- Crockpot Cowboy Chicken 4.3/5 (25 Votes)
- Grilled Chicken Leg Quarters with... 3.9/5 (51 Votes)
- Butter Rum Pound Cake 4.1/5 (28 Votes)
- Shrimp Spring Rolls 3.4/5 (17 Votes)
- Slow Cooker Chicken Piccata 4.1/5 (29 Votes)
- Easy Skillet Chicken Cacciatore 4.5/5 (11 Votes)
- Caramelized Pineapple and Chicken... 4.5/5 (11 Votes)
- Eggplant, Portobello and Chicken... 4.5/5 (11 Votes)