Eggplant, Portobello and Chicken Stir-Fry
A tasty stir-fry using portabella mushrooms and eggplants.
- 4 T soy sauce
- 4 T Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teas tomato paste or ketchup
- 2 teas sesame oil
- 2 teas sugar
- 1/2 teas cornstarch
- 4 T olive oil
- 1 lb boneless chicken breasts or thighs cut into bite-sizes cubes
- Eggplant about 1 lb. cut into cubes, skin on
- 1 T ginger grated
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 lb portabella mushrooms only caps cut into bite size pieces
- Rice for serving
- To make eggplant less bitter, toss cubed eggplant with 1 T salt, place in a colander and let stand for 15 minutes. Pat dry before stir frying. Salt draws out the bitterness and moisture.
Sauce: In a bowl combine 4 T water, soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce, tomato paste, sesame oil, sugar and cornstarch. Stir to dissolve the sugar and cornstarch. Set aside.
Heat non-stick frying pan over high heat and add 2 T oil. Add the chicken and stir-fry until opaque throughout. Using a slotted spoon remove chicken and transfer to a bowl. Return pan to the heat add remaining 2 T oil. Add the eggplant and fry until crisp and golden brown about 7 minutes. Add the ginger, garlic and mushrooms until the mushrooms have released most of their liquid. Return the chicken to the pan. Give the sauce a quick stir, add to the pan and stir until sauce thickens 1-2 minutes. Serve over rice.
You'll also love
- Baked Rigatoni with Roasted... 4.5/5 (11 Votes)
- Stir Fried Snow Peas and Mushrooms 4.5/5 (11 Votes)
- Holiday Chicken Casserole 4.2/5 (25 Votes)
- Smothered Chicken Queso Casserole 4/5 (31 Votes)
- Pressure Cooker Sweet Onion... 4.1/5 (28 Votes)
- Hawaiian Huli Huli Chicken 4.4/5 (16 Votes)
- One Pot Teriyaki Chicken and... 4.1/5 (29 Votes)
- Chicken Scaloppini Marsala with... 4.3/5 (12 Votes)