Butter Rum Pound Cake
Dense and delicious coconut pound cake with a sweet butter rum glaze drizzled on top. The pound cake itself is not overly sweet so the glaze is a nice touch.
Each serving = 8 Weight Watchers points.
- Cooking spray
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup spiced rum
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons spiced rum
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 65mins
Adapted from mikeysinmykitchen.com
Preheat oven to 350°F.
To prepare cake, coat an 8X4-inch loaf pan with cooking spray. Dust with 2 tablespoons flour.
Lightly spoon 1 1/2 cups flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt, stirring with a whisk until blended.
Place sugar and butter in a large bowl. Beat until well-blended (about 5 minutes). Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition. Add flour mixture and 1/2 cup rum alternately to sugar mixture, beginning and ending with flour mixture. Spoon batter into prepared pan.
Bake at 350°F for 50 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted into center comes out clean. Cool in pan 10 minutes on a wire rack. Run a knife around edges of pan; remove cake from pan. Cool completely on a wire rack.
To prepare glaze, combine powdered sugar and 1 1/2 tablespoons rum, stirring until smooth. Drizzle glaze over the cake.
You'll also love
- Budin de Pan, Traditional Puerto... 4.3/5 (25 Votes)
- Garden Dirt Pie 4.5/5 (12 Votes)
- Smothered Chicken Queso Casserole 4/5 (30 Votes)
- Cinnamon Chocolate Bundt Cake 4.1/5 (27 Votes)
- Red Velvet Pound Cake 4.5/5 (6 Votes)
- Hot Buttered Rum Chicken 3.8/5 (5 Votes)
- 5 Flavor Pound Cake 5/5 (2 Votes)
- Tequila-Glazed Grilled Chicken 4.3/5 (17 Votes)