Slow Cooker Chicken Piccata
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse black pepper
- 1/3 cup butter
- 4 1/2 to 5 pounds chicken breasts with bone and skin
- 2/3 cup dry white wine
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup capers, rinsed and drained
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 1/2 tablespoons cornstarch
- Lemon slices
Adapted from thefoodnetwork.com
In a large resealable plastic bag, add flour, salt and black pepper. Seal and shake to blend. Add a few chicken breasts to the bag and shake until evenly coated; set aside. Repeat with remaining chicken breasts.
In a large skillet over medium heat, melt butter. Add chicken, skin-side-down, cooking about 4 minutes or until skin is golden brown. Place chicken skin-side-up in a slow cooker crock. Pour wine, lemon juice, broth and capers over chicken.
Cover slow cooker and cook on HIGH for 2 hours or LOW for 4 hours or until chicken is cooked through and tender. Remove chicken to a serving platter. Cover with foil to keep warm.
In a small bowl, stir water and cornstarch until cornstarch is dissolved. Transfer liquid from crock to a medium skillet. Stir in cornstarch mixture. Place skillet over medium-high heat. Cook, stirring constantly, about 3 minutes or until mixture is slightly thickened. Pour mixture over chicken. Garnish with lemon slices.
You'll also love
- Lemon Garlic Pasta 4.3/5 (12 Votes)
- Roasted Corned Beef with a Bourbon... 4.4/5 (16 Votes)
- No-Fuss Chicken Marsala 4.5/5 (11 Votes)
- Lemon Ricotta Cheesecake 4.1/5 (27 Votes)
- Lemon Butter Pasta with Artichokes... 3.8/5 (14 Votes)
- 2-Ingredient Slow Cooker Salsa... 4.5/5 (6 Votes)
- Eggs in Purgatory with Artichoke... 4.5/5 (6 Votes)