Easy Skillet Chicken Cacciatore
Crazy easy version of chicken cacciatore using your favorite jarred spaghetti sauce or marinara with some peppers and onions added. Can be served with pasta, steamed vegetables, or roasted potatoes. Delicious!
- 5 to 6 chicken thighs
- Kosher salt and black pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup flour, for dredging
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 to 2 large red bell peppers, chopped or sliced
- 1 onion, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 quart (4 cups) spaghetti/marinara sauce
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese, optional
- Fresh basil, for garnish
Preparation time 5mins
Cooking time 45mins
Adapted from favfamilyrecipes.com
Sprinkle each chicken thigh with salt and pepper then dredge in flour.
Heat oil over medium-high heat in a large skillet and cook for about 4 to 5 minutes on each side or until chicken is golden-brown (it doesn't need to be completely cooked through). Transfer chicken to a plate and set aside.
In the same skillet, sauté peppers, onion, and garlic until onions become soft and transparent. Reduce heat and slowly add marinara/spaghetti sauce to the skillet.
Add chicken back to the skillet and bring sauce to a simmer over medium-low heat. Simmer for about 25 minutes or until chicken thighs are cooked through.
Before serving, top with mozzarella (optional) and fresh basil.
You'll also love
- Mini Kale-Mushroom Calzones with... 4.5/5 (11 Votes)
- Holiday Brisket 4.5/5 (11 Votes)
- Caramelized Pineapple and Chicken... 4.5/5 (11 Votes)
- Hawaiian Huli Huli Chicken 4.4/5 (16 Votes)
- One Pot Teriyaki Chicken and... 4.3/5 (23 Votes)
- Slow Cooker Rustic Italian Chicken... 4.4/5 (15 Votes)
- Chicken Scaloppini Marsala with... 4.4/5 (7 Votes)