Butternut Squash Ravioli with Brown Butter Sauce
I love the taste of warm butternut squash ravioli in the fall. We made a quick brown-butter sauce to top the pre-made pasta which makes the dish seem entirely homemade. Tip: Can't find butternut squash ravioli at your grocery store? Cheese, chicken, or wild mushroom ravioli will be a delicious substitute.
- 2 (9-ounce) packages1 pre-made butternut squash ravioli, cooked according to package directions
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon sage, chopped
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/2 cup walnuts, toasted and chopped
Preparation time 25mins
Cooking time 25mins
Adapted from qvc.co
Melt the butter in a large skillet heated on medium heat. Continue to cook the butter until it becomes a golden-brown color, about 5–8 minutes. Add the cream and sage and simmer for about a minute.
Add Parmesan, salt, pepper, and parsley. Simmer for another minute, add raviolis, and let raviolis heat for a minute or two.
Plate and sprinkle with toasted walnuts.
You'll also love
- Honeysuckle-Watermelon Cocktails 4.5/5 (24 Votes)
- Spicy Tuna Cakes 4.4/5 (25 Votes)
- Homemade Flour Pasta 4.5/5 (23 Votes)
- Grandma's German Potato Salad 4.5/5 (24 Votes)
- Parmesan Garlic Roasted Baby... 3.8/5 (122 Votes)
- Southern Style Macaroni Salad 4.5/5 (24 Votes)
- Crispy French Onion Scalloped... 4.4/5 (27 Votes)
- One-Pot Tortellini Soup 4.2/5 (21 Votes)