Baked Cheesy Zucchini Bites
These cheesy zucchini bites are a healthier zucchini fritter without sacrificing any flavor. Since they are baked at a high temperature, you get the slightly crunchy edges with wonderfully soft, tender insides.
- 1 1/2 cups packed shredded zucchini (no need to peel the zucchini)
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1/4 - 1/2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup panko or regular bread crumbs
- 1/4 tsp. dried basil (or 1-2 tsp. fresh)
- 1/4 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/8 tsp. pepper
Adapted from melskitchencafe.com
Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper and lightly coat with cooking spray or lightly grease an unlined baking sheet.
Place the shredded zucchini in a clean kitchen towel and wring out all the excess water over the sink until the zucchini is really dry.
Place the zucchini and remaining ingredients in a medium bowl and mix until combined.
Drop the mixture by tablespoonfuls on the prepared baking sheet and lightly press the mounds with your hands to flatten slightly.
Bake for 16-20 minutes until the edges are golden.
You'll also love
- Easy Grilled Pork Chops 4.2/5 (33 Votes)
- Crisp Crab Cakes 4.3/5 (29 Votes)
- Crab & Asparagus-Stuffed Tilapia 4.3/5 (37 Votes)
- Bacony Potato Salad 4.4/5 (28 Votes)
- Coconut Acorn Squash & Carrot Soup 4.1/5 (7 Votes)
- Pressure Cooker Thai Green Chicken... 4.3/5 (4 Votes)
- Spaghetti with Fresh Zucchini 4.7/5 (3 Votes)