Crisp Crab Cakes
Crisp crab cakes are good to have on top of a fresh bed of greens or between two fluffy bread buns!
Photograph by Andrew Mccaul
- 1 tablespoon plus 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1 cup panko (Japanese breadcrumbs)
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons nonfat milk
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice, plus lemon wedges for serving
- 1/2 teaspoon Old Bay Seasoning
- Dash hot sauce
- 1 pound lump crab or crab claw meat, picked over
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- Olive-oil cooking spray
Preparation time 50mins
Cooking time 60mins
Adapted from foodnetwork.com
Heat 2 teaspoons olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the scallions and bell pepper and cook until they begin to soften, about 2 minutes. Cool slightly.
Mix 1/2 cup panko, the egg and milk in a small bowl. In a medium bowl, whisk the Worcestershire sauce, mustard, lemon juice, Old Bay and hot sauce; fold in the crabmeat, panko mixture, scallion bell pepper mixture, 1/4 teaspoon salt and a pinch of pepper. Shape into 8 patties and refrigerate 30 minutes.
Coat the crab cakes with the remaining 1/2 cup panko. Heat the remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil in the skillet over medium-high heat. Mist the crab cakes with cooking spray and cook, sprayed-side down, 3 to 4 minutes. Spray the tops, flip and cook 3 to 4 more minutes. Serve with lemon wedges.
You'll also love
- Crab & Asparagus-Stuffed Tilapia 4.4/5 (32 Votes)
- Caramelized Spicy Green Beans 4.4/5 (29 Votes)
- Broccoli Salad 4.4/5 (28 Votes)
- Pineapple Chocolate Chip Cookies 4.4/5 (28 Votes)
- Spicy Southwest-Style Louis Kemp... 4.7/5 (3 Votes)
- Hot Buffalo Chicken Meatball... 3.8/5 (4 Votes)
- Easy Scalloped Potatoes 4.7/5 (3 Votes)
- Fish Cakes 4.2/5 (23 Votes)