Spaghetti with Fresh Zucchini
- 14.4 oz. of frozen baby peas
- 3 – 4 large zucchini – quartered and sliced
- 3 vine ripe tomatoes – diced
- 1/4 cup fresh basil – chopped
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- 1/4 tsp. dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp. red pepper flakes
- 1/2 red onion – sliced
- 2 cloves garlic – chopped
- 3 – 4 tbs. olive oil – plus more for drizzling
- Fresh grated Parmesan cheese or Romano – plus shavings of cheese
- 1 lb. of your favorite spaghetti
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 25mins
Adapted from livingthegourmet.com
Heat a large frying pan with 3 tbs. of olive oil; add the zucchini to sauté and soften.
Add the tomatoes and onions and continue to sauté on a low heat.
When the tomatoes soften; add the frozen peas, along with the seasonings and continue to sauté on a low heat.
Prepare the spaghetti as directed.
Drain the spaghetti and plate; drizzle with olive oil and a dash of red pepper flakes, black pepper and oregano. Shave some of the grating cheese on the spaghetti and top with the zucchini sauce and toss. Grate more cheese over the top and serve.