Arugula Pesto Pasta with Ricotta and Bacon (Rachel Ray)
From Rachel Ray Maganize (Aug 2010)
- 8 cups arugula (about 6 ounces)
- 1 cup basil leaves
- 1/2 cup each pine nuts and grated parmesan cheese
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 2/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 pound trimmed asparagus
- 1 pound pasta (such as campanelle or farfalle)
- Fresh ricotta cheese
- Crumbled crisp-cooked bacon
Adapted from rachaelraymag.com
Using a blender or food processor, puree 8 cups arugula (about 6 ounces), 1 cup basil leaves, 1/2 cup each pine nuts and grated parmesan cheese, 2 cloves garlic and 1 1/2 teaspoons salt.
With the machine on, drizzle in 2/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil until combined.
Using a vegetable peeler, shave 1/2 pound trimmed asparagus into long, thin strips.
Cook 1 pound pasta (such as campanelle or farfalle) until al dente; drain and immediately toss with the pesto and asparagus. Season with salt. Top each serving with a dollop of fresh ricotta cheese and crumbled crisp-cooked bacon.
You'll also love
- SHRIMP PASTA SALAD WITH GREEN... 3.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Sugar-Free Banana Strawberry Sorbet 4/5 (1 Votes)
- emeril's turkey brine 3.7/5 (19 Votes)
- LIME JELLO COTTAGE CHEESE SALAD 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Green Bean and Potato Stew... 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Beer Brat Pasta 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Chipped Beef Cheese Ball (Aimee's... 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Bacon Wrapped Hamburger 4/5 (1 Votes)