Green Bean and Potato Stew (Fasolakia me Patates)
Another Greek traditional recipe that uses green beans at the peak of their season.
- 1 lb. green beans, washed and trimmed
- 4 potatoes, cut into wedges
- 1 small onion finely chopped
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 tbsp. tomato paste
- 1 cup warm water
- Salt and pepper to taste
1. Heat the oil in the base of a pressure cooker over medium-high heat. Add the onion and saute until translucent, about 4 minutes.
2. Add the green beans and potatoes to the pot and toss together for a few minutes.
3. Dissolve the tomato paste in the water and add to the pot. Add the olive oil, and salt and pepper to taste. There should be enough liquid in the pot to come half way up the vegetables. If not, add more water.
4. Seal the pressure cooker lid and turn the heat up to high. Once the pressure cooker starts steaming, reduce the heat to medium and cook for 12 minutes.
5. Remove the pot from the heat and release the steam. Once the stew has cooled for a bit, it is ready to serve.
Bread and feta cheese compliment this dish quite well.
You'll also love
- Beer Brat Pasta 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Chipped Beef Cheese Ball (Aimee's... 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Raspberry Sauce for Salmon 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Tuscan Pasta with Lemon Sauce,... 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Blue Ribbon Carrot Cake 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Sweet Potato Casserole (Weight... 4/5 (1 Votes)
- French's Green Bean Casserole 3.1/5 (9 Votes)