emeril's turkey brine
makes a very tender and more juicy turkey
- 12-15 lb. turkey
- 2 cups lemon juice
- 1 +1/2 cup orange juice
- 2 cups kosher salt
- 2 cups light brown sugar
- 2 cups chopped onions
- 4 oranges cut in half
- 4 japenoes chopped (optional)
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- 4 Tbsp. minced garlic
- 2 Tbsp. chili powder
- 2 Tbsp. ground cumin
- 2 tsp. oregano
- 1-3 gallons water
in a large non-reactive container (a cooler you don't use anymore is good) combine juices, salt, sugar and enough water to dissolve salt and sugar (about 1 gallon). add rest of ingredients, except more water and stir together.
put the turkey in in the brine, the entire turkey needs to be covered, add more water to cover completely, cover and refridgerate overnight, at least 12 hours.
if a container is not available, place turkey in a large heavy duty plastic bag, pour in brine and water as needed, set in a large pan or other container to catch any leakage.
remove turkey from brine (discard brine)...pat turkey dry with paper towles. prepare and roast turkey as you usually would.
You'll also love
- APPLE JUICE TURKEY BRINE 4.2/5 (34 Votes)
- Cajun Brined Turkey Two Ways 4.2/5 (9 Votes)
- LIME JELLO COTTAGE CHEESE SALAD 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Green Bean and Potato Stew... 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Chipped Beef Cheese Ball (Aimee's... 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Kosher Salt Encrusted Prime Rib... 3.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Microwave Turkey Meatloaf 3.4/5 (7 Votes)