Easy Country-Style BBQ Ribs
Finger licking good... Easy Country-Style BBQ Ribs!
- DRY RUB:
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon zest
- 3 tablespoons black pepper
- 1 tablespoon paprika (smoked is great)
- 4 pounds country style pork ribs
- 3 cups ketchup
- 1 1/2 cups beer
- 3/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon prepared yellow mustard
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar (more to taste)
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 480mins
Adapted from hizzoners.com
Combine salt, brown sugar, sugar, lemon zest, black pepper and paprika in small bowl.
Rub dry rub all over the ribs. Put them in a glass baking dish and cover with stretch wrap. Refrigerate several hours or overnight.
Stir together ketchup, beer, vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, mustard, brown sugar, oregano, basil, thyme and pepper. Put one cup of the sauce on the side to use later as a glaze.
Put the ribs in a dutch oven or covered heavy pot that will accommodate them, pour the sauce over the ribs and cook over low heat for about 45 minutes or until the ribs are tender. (You can do this a day ahead and refrigerate the ribs if you are having a party).
Prepare your grill or preheat your broiler.
Remove the ribs from the sauce and discard the sauce. Spread the ribs with half the sauce that you reserved. Cook the ribs on the grill or under the broiler till crispy and browned, turn over and sauce the other side. It will take about 3-5 minutes on each side for them to glaze and caramelize and get yummy.
Serve with tons of napkins!!
You'll also love
- Baked Doughnuts, from King Arthur... 4.3/5 (27 Votes)
- Bacon Wrapped Dates 4.3/5 (26 Votes)
- Spicy Honey Garlic Chicken in the... 4.2/5 (29 Votes)
- Low-Carb Oven Fried Chicken 4.3/5 (27 Votes)
- Buttermilk Pancakes for Two 4.3/5 (28 Votes)
- American Chop Suey Crockpot Meal 4.1/5 (47 Votes)
- Cheeseburger Quesadillas 4.5/5 (10 Votes)
- Avocado Egg Rolls with Creamy... 4.2/5 (11 Votes)