Buttermilk Pancakes for Two
When it's just two of you, why make pancakes for an army? With buttermilk and sour cream, these pancakes are a happy start to a perfect day for two.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil, plus extra as needed
- Pure maple syrup
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 10mins
Adapted from afeastfortheeyes.net
Whisk flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt together in a medium bowl.
In a separate bowl, whisk buttermilk, sour cream, melted butter and egg until smooth.
Gently fold buttermilk mixture into flour mixture with rubber spatula until just combined. Batter will be lumpy with a few spots of dry flour; do not over mix.
Let the batter rest for 10 minutes before cooking.
Heat oil on a griddle or skillet over medium heat until shimmering. If using an electric griddle, set the temperature at 350°F. Using wad of paper towels, carefully wipe out oil leaving thin film of oil.
Using 1/4 cup dry measure, pour batter onto griddle.
Cook until edges are set, first side is golden brown, and bubbles on surface are just beginning to break, about 2 to 3 minutes.
Using thin. wide spatula, flip pancakes and continue to cook until second side is golden brown, 1 to 2 minutes.
Transfer pancakes to warm plates. Serve with maple syrup.
You'll also love
- Broccoli Mushroom Chicken Casserole 4.3/5 (26 Votes)
- Cattle Drive Casserole 3.9/5 (64 Votes)
- American Chop Suey Crockpot Meal 4.1/5 (51 Votes)
- Cheeseburger Quesadillas 4.5/5 (10 Votes)
- Avocado Egg Rolls with Creamy... 4.2/5 (11 Votes)
- Snickers™ Slab Pie 4.6/5 (12 Votes)
- Meyer Lemon Poppy Seed Scones 4.2/5 (19 Votes)
- Strawberry Griddle Cakes 4.5/5 (13 Votes)