Okra is known to be slimy but pickling them is the crunchy cure, enjoy! Serving suggestions: The perfect garnish to a chilled glass of spicy tomato juice.
- 1 1/2 pounds fresh okra
- 3 teaspoons dried dill
- 3 teaspoons sugar
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup vinegar
- 2 tablespoons canning and pickling salt
- 3 (1-pint) canning jars and lids, sterilized
Preparation time 5mins
Cooking time 20mins
Sterilize jars and lids directly before using for 10 minutes in simmering water or in the dishwasher. Remove one at a time when ready to fill.
Divide the fresh okra evenly between the three-pint jars. Place 1 teaspoon of dried dill and 1 teaspoon sugar into each jar.
In a medium saucepan over medium heat, stir together water, vinegar and salt. Bring to a boil. While vinegar mixture is still hot, ladle into the hot sterilized okra jars, filling to within 1/4 inch of the top. Wipe rims with a clean damp cloth and seal jars with lids and rings. Process in a boiling water bath (making sure water level is 1 inch over the top of the jars) for 10 minutes. Remove from water bath and allow to cool on the counter.
You'll also love
- Potatoes AuGratin --Bonefish... 3.7/5 (128 Votes)
- LUBY'S BAKED FISH ALMONDINE 3.8/5 (22 Votes)
- Semolina's Shrimp Or Chicken Roban 4.2/5 (11 Votes)
- Outback Steakhouse Fried Mushrooms 4/5 (42 Votes)
- Classic Filipino Pandesal 3.9/5 (7 Votes)
- Kielbasa Simmered in Beer and... 3.7/5 (26 Votes)
- Amazing Chicken Wing Soup 3.9/5 (14 Votes)
- Rudy's Potato Salad 3.2/5 (31 Votes)