Semolina's Shrimp Or Chicken Roban
Roban sauce is a variation on an alfredo sauce. Use either prepared alfredo sauce, or make a home made one to serve with either chicken or shrimp. Serve with a side of pasta.
- ROBAN SAUCE:
- 1/2 ounce olive oil
- 2 ounces shrimp or chicken portions
- 4 ounces Roban Sauce (see below)
- 1 gallon Alfredo Sauce
- 2 quarts heavy cream
- 1/2 pound salted butter
- 4 cups chopped green onion, white and green
- 5 1/4 ounces blackened red fish seasoning
- 2 teaspoons cayenne pepper
- 2 ounces garlic minced
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 30mins
Roban Sauce: In a stainless steel pot or large skillet, sauté the butter, green onions and garlic over medium heat. Once the butter has melted and the vegetables begin to cook, add the blackened red fish seasoning and cayenne pepper. Continue to sauté the mixture for 2 minutes. Allow to cool for 15 minutes.
In a stainless steel mixing bowl, mix the Alfredo and heavy cream together with a wire whisk. Add the sautéed items to the Alfredo and heavy cream mixture. Blend well by using a wire whisk. Store refrigerated. Shelf life is 3 days. (Makes 1 1/2 gallons)
Sauté chicken or shrimp in olive oil. Add to 4 ounces of the Roban sauce. Mix with your favorite cooked pasta and serve.
This recipe yields 1 serving.
NOTE: The recipe makes 1 1/2 gallons of the sauce that will make enough sauce for 3 pounds of chicken or shrimp, about 12 servings. This recipe assumes you'll only use 4 ounces of the sauce for one serving, and refrigerate the remainder to use within 3 days.
You'll also love
- Mushroom Pasta Sauce 4.3/5 (152 Votes)
- Chicken-Alfredo Baked Penne 4.6/5 (108 Votes)
- Olive Garden Alfredo Sauce 4.3/5 (82 Votes)
- Outback Steakhouse Fried Mushrooms 3.9/5 (54 Votes)
- Skillet Barbecue Chicken 3.2/5 (26 Votes)
- Classic Filipino Pandesal 3.9/5 (7 Votes)
- 500 Degree Prime Rib 3.5/5 (56 Votes)
- Doc's Best Beef Jerky 3.7/5 (9 Votes)