Amazing Chicken Wing Soup
This was inspired by Danny's, here in Buffalo. It's so goooooooood, and ideal for football season. I used Colby Jack cheese instead of Montery Jack and doubled the recipe, what a hit!!!
- 1 medium sized white onion- about 1 ½ cups, chopped finely
- 1 stick of butter
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- 1 Tbs chopped garlic
- 16 oz shredded Monterey Jack Cheese
- 1 cup blue cheese dressing
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 2/3 cup shredded carrot
- 2 cans chicken broth (29 ozs)
- 1 can cream of chicken (10 ozs.)
- 1 can cream of celery (10 ozs.)
- Chicken, about 3 cups chopped
- Chili powder, salt, pepper
- ½ cup hot sauce
Preparation time 40mins
Cooking time 41mins
Adapted from speakupwny.com
In a big saucepot, melt a stick of butter with ¼ cup white vinegar and saute the onion and garlic for about 10 mins.
Add 3 cup of finely chopped chicken to the mixture, and sprinkle in some salt, black pepper, a tsp of chili powder and ½ cup of hot sauce. (You can use raw or cooked chicken- raw chicken makes it more flavorful- just make sure its finely chopped or even quickly through a food processor).
You can also add any wing sauce you may like or own- a ¼ of a cup or so, in addition to the hot sauce. Cover with a lid and let cook for appx. 20 minutes.
Next add 29 ounces (2 cans) of chicken broth, one can of both cream of chicken and cream of celery soup, a cup of celery and appx. 2/3 cup of finely shredded carrot, and the cup of blue cheese dressing (not chunky blue cheese). Let simmer, covered at low heat for 45 minutes (or until celery and carrots are soft), stirring constantly.
Finally add the 16 ozs. Of shredded monterey jack gradually, stiring the whole time. Simmer for another 3-5 minutes and serve.
You'll also love
- Paula Deen's Kickin Chicken 4.1/5 (7 Votes)
- Creamed Chicken and Biscuits -... 3.6/5 (29 Votes)
- Rotel Cups 3.5/5 (13 Votes)
- Dutch Oven Buffalo Chicken Chili 3.5/5 (4 Votes)
- Baked Garlic Shrimp. Keg Style 3.6/5 (43 Votes)
- Buffalo Chicken Hot Wing Dip -... 3.3/5 (3 Votes)
- Copycat Manzana's Chicken Tortilla... 4/5 (3 Votes)