Whole Wheat Pasta Salad with Salmon, Tomatoes & Herb Dressing
- The dressing:
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup chopped Italian parsley
- 3 tbsp chopped fresh oregano
- 1/4 tsp dried chile flakes
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- The rest:
- 13 oz. whole wheat penne pasta
- 12 oz. skinless salmon, cut into 3/4-inch pieces
- 8 oz grape or cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 3 oz. myzithra (or feta) cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
1.In the bowl of a food processor or blender, combine garlic, lemon juice, parsley, oregano, dried chile flakes, salt and pepper. Pulse until parsley is finely chopped.
2.With the motor running, slowly pour in olive oil and blend until the dressing mostly smooth.
3.Cook penne according to package instructions. Drain and transfer to a bowl. Immediately toss with three-quarters of the dressing.
4.Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Coat with cooking spray.
5.Add the salmon to the skillet and saute until salmon is just cooked through.
6.To the pasta, add salmon, tomatoes, myzithra (or feta) cheese and the rest of the dressing. Stir gently to combine.
7.Season with salt and pepper to taste, as desired. Serve warm or at room temperature.
You'll also love
- Black Bean and Corn Salad 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Pork Roast ala Russo 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Erin's pineapple angel food cake 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Tangy Carrot and Cuc salad 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Broccoli and Garlic Pasta 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Mango Rice Salad with Grilled... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Shrimp Dip 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Oven-Dried Tomatoes 0/5 (0 Votes)