Rate this recipe 0/5 (0 Votes)
- 2 cups quartered fresh strawberries
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves
- 1/4 cup water
Rinse basil leaves squeeze excess water from them. This will "bruise" them which will allow the flavors to release when combined with the berries.
Combine berries, lemon juice, sugar, basil leaves and water in a medium saucepan on medium-high heat. Once the mixture begins to boil, stir frequently and reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer for 5 minutes, remove from heat and place the pan in an icebath.
Store in a glass container for use with icecream, sponge or pound cake or to liven up your lemonade.
You'll also love
- Noodles and Pot cheese 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Eggplant Stroganoff 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Sausage Balls in Cranberry Sauce 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Puff Pastry Blueberry Cobbler 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Fruit Salad with Strawberry... 0/5 (0 Votes)
Review this recipe