A great one pot supper that uses the simple trick of adding vegetables to the boiling pasta water, this dish combines the eeryday and the unusual for great taste and color.
- 3/4 lb rotini pasta
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 zucchini
- 1 yellow pepper
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tbsp all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup garlic and herb cream cheese spread
- 1/2 lb thick sliced canadian bacon
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 22mins
1. Bring large pot of hot tap water to boil; add salt, meanwhile, quarter zucchini lengthwise and slice crosswise. coarsely chop bell pepper. Cook pasta according ot package directions, adding the zucchini, bell pepper and peas during last 3 mins of cooking.
2. in small saucepan, whisk together milk and flour until blended. Bring to simmer, stirring occasionally. Add cream cheese and whisk until blended.
3. Remove and reserve 1 cup pasta water in glass measure; drain pasta and veetables and return to pot. Cut bacon into 1/4 inch strips. Stir in cream cheese mixture, bacon, pepper, parmesan and 1/2 cup pasta water. Add additonal pasta water if needed for creamier consistency. Transfer to serving dish.