Legal Sea foods light clam chowder
- 2 cups chopped fresh clams.
- 4 cups fish broth.
- One small onion, finely chopped (to yield 1/2 cup)
- one medium-size clove garlic
- one bay leaf
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- one large carrot, finely diced
- one medium-size yellow boiling potato, such as Yukon gold, peeled and finely diced
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley leaves
Combine the clams, fish broth, onion,garlic, bay leaf, & thyme in a heavy for quart saucepan over high heat. When the link with boils, reduce the heat to medium low, cover, and simmer for 10 min. At the carrot and potato and cook about 30 min. longer. Season with salt and pepper; stir in the parsley just before serving.