Easy Oven Baked Beef Ribs
Beef ribs are notoriously difficult to get right, but this recipe makes tender, flavorful, sticky sweet ribs that your friends and family will swoon over.
- 3 pounds meaty beef ribs
- Liquid smoke (optional)
- 2 to 4 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon cajun seasoning
- 2 tablespoon brown sugar, packed
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt, can used a smoked salt as well.
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 2 teaspoons oregano
- 2 tablespoons BBQ sauce of your preference
Adapted from divascancook.com
Rinse ribs and dry completely with paper towels. Douse dry ribs with liquid smoke if using. Lightly coat ribs in olive oil.
Mix together seasoning and sprinkle generously over ribs, front and back. Massage the spices into the ribs, adding more olive oil to help distribute the spices well if needed.Place the ribs in a large ziplock bag or covered bowl and marinate in the fridge for 1-2 hours.
Preheat the oven to 250°F.
Place the ribs on a foil lined baking tray in a single layer. Add another piece of foil on top to create a pouch for the ribs to cook in. Be sure to seal the edges of the foil so that it's tight and steam won't seep out.
Bake on the middle rack of 3½ -4 hours. Check on it after the 3½ hour mark. The oven temperature is very low so you can afford to cook it a bit longer without worry.
When the ribs are done to your liking, drain off the excess fat. Brush the ribs with desired amount of BBQ sauce.
Broil on low until the sauce is sticky. This won't take long so keep an eye on it.
You'll also love
- Orange Creamsicle White Chocolate... 4.6/5 (22 Votes)
- Banana Pudding Cake 4.6/5 (22 Votes)
- Thanksgiving Leftovers Casserole 4.3/5 (36 Votes)
- Applewood Smoked Turkey Breast... 4.6/5 (28 Votes)
- Bierocks - Old Fashioned Volga... 4.2/5 (65 Votes)
- Pressure Cooker Barbecued Baby... 4.4/5 (39 Votes)
- The Perfect & Best Prime Rib You... 4.4/5 (31 Votes)
Review this recipe