Jamaican Carrot Cake
A spicy, sweet Carrot Cake just like they make on the gorgeous isle of Jamaica. So wah go on?! Tis time tah bake sista!
- 3 cups raw carrots, shredded
- 4 beaten eggs
- 1 3/4 cups Muscovado sugar or dark brown sugar
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 3/4 nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon mixed spice
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 50mins
Combine carrot and sugar, mix well. Add beaten egg, then oil and vanilla and mix well.
Combine and sift together the flour, cinnamon, spices, nutmeg, mixed spice, baking soda and salt. Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet mixture.
Pour into greased baking container. Bake for 40 minutes at 355°F or 30 mins if using a shallow container.
You'll also love
- Grilled Steakhouse Steak Tips 3.8/5 (126 Votes)
- German-Style Fried Potatoes -... 4/5 (71 Votes)
- Lemon Dump Cake 4.1/5 (59 Votes)
- La Panadería's Mexican Pink Cake 4/5 (171 Votes)
- Greek Yogurt, Spinach, and Feta... 4/5 (65 Votes)
- Strawberry Banana Cheesecake Salad 4.4/5 (27 Votes)
- Chocolate Lava Cake - Instant Pot 4.6/5 (17 Votes)
- Paleo & Nut Free Pumpkin Spice... 4.4/5 (16 Votes)