Sautéed Tilapia over Swiss Chard with Tarragon Butter
- 1 Tbs. extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 lb. Swiss chard, fibrous stems and ribs discarded; leaves coarsely chopped, washed, and dried
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 5 Tbs. unsalted butter (4 Tbs. cut into small pieces)
- 2 tilapia fillets, 6 oz. each
- 1 shallot, chopped
- 1 Tbs. fresh lemon juice
- 1-1/2 Tbs. chopped fresh tarragon
Adapted from finecooking.com
Heat the oil in a 10- to 12-inch nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the garlic and cook until fragrant, 30 to 45 seconds. Add a big handful of the Swiss chard and cook, tossing often, until it has collapsed enough to add more. Continue adding the chard in batches until it’s all in the pan and then cook until tender, 2 to 3 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper, divide the chard between two dinner plates, and keep warm.
Wipe out the skillet and return it to medium-high heat. Add 1 Tbs. of the butter and let it melt. Sprinkle the tilapia with 1/4 tsp. salt and a few grinds of pepper. Add the tilapia and cook, turning once halfway through cooking, until it’s well browned and cooked through, 4 to 6 minutes. Top the chard with the tilapia and keep warm.
Add the shallot to the skillet and cook, stirring occasionally, until lightly browned and beginning to soften, 30 to 60 seconds. Add the lemon juice; it should evaporate almost instantly, but if not, cook until nearly evaporated, about 30 seconds. Remove the skillet from the heat and add the 4 Tbs. butter pieces and tarragon, stirring constantly until the butter melts. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Pour the butter sauce over the fish and chard and serve immediately.
You'll also love
- Lemon-Thyme Shortbread Cookies 4.8/5 (6 Votes)
- 'Lightened Up' Loaded Potato Salad 4.8/5 (6 Votes)
- Asian avocado and wasabi salmon... 4.8/5 (6 Votes)
- Couscous Salad with Zucchini and... 4.8/5 (6 Votes)
- Triple-Mustard Salmon 4.8/5 (6 Votes)
- Lemon-Tahini Kale Chips 4.8/5 (6 Votes)
- Spinach and Potato Breakfast Hash 4.8/5 (6 Votes)
- Tilapia baked parmesan 4.5/5 (33 Votes)