Escarole and Bean Soup
Looking for a simple, good for you soup recipe? Try this delicious healthy low fat Escarole and Bean Soup. It's short on calories but big in flavor!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 pound escarole, chopped and rinsed (I use 2-3 heads)
- Salt to taste
- 4 cups low-salt chicken broth
- 1 can (15 ounce) cannellini beans not rinsed
- 1 piece (1 ounce) Parmesan
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 6 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Red pepper flakes, to taste, optional
Heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a heavy large pot over medium heat.
Add the garlic and saute until fragrant, about 15 seconds.
Add the escarole and saute until wilted, about 2 minutes.
Add a pinch of salt. Add the chicken broth, beans, and Parmesan cheese. Cover and simmer until the beans are heated through, about 5 minutes.
Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
Ladle the soup into 6 bowls. Drizzle 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil over each.
You'll also love
- Paleo Broccoli Salad 4.5/5 (13 Votes)
- Lemon-Sage Roast Turkey Breast 4.6/5 (21 Votes)
- Rhubarb-Blueberry Crumble 4.5/5 (15 Votes)
- Spinach and Jack Cheese Bread... 4.8/5 (9 Votes)
- Spinach & Bean Burrito Wrap 4.6/5 (29 Votes)
- Escarole with Spaghetti 4.6/5 (5 Votes)
- Pork Soup with Escarole 4.6/5 (5 Votes)