Dijon Salmon Cakes and Arugula with Lemon-Caper Oil
- 4 ounces boneless, skinless pink salmon, drained
- 2 teaspoons minced scallion (green and white parts)
- 3/4 teaspoons lemon peel
- 3 1/2 teaspoons plain Dannon Oikos Greek nonfat yogurt
- 2 teaspoons whole grain Dijon mustard, divided
- 2 teaspoons white horseradish, divided
- 2 tablespoons wheat germ
- 3 tablespoons diced celery
- 1/2 teaspoon capers, chopped
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon extravirgin olive oil
- 1 cup baby arugula
Using a fork, combine the salmon, scallion, lemon peel, 3 tablespoons plain Dannon Oikos nonfat Greek yogurt, 1 teaspoon mustard, and 1 teaspoon of the horseradish in a medium bowl. Add the wheat germ and celery and season with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Mix well.
2. Coat a medium nonstick skillet with canola oil cooking spray and place over medium heat about 1 minute. Mix the capers, lemon juice, and oil in a medium bowl.
3. Add the arugula and toss to coat. Transfer to a serving plate, forming a bed of the arugula mixture. Set aside.
4. Divide the salmon mixture into 2 round patties, each 1?2? thick. Reduce the heat to low and add the patties to the skillet. Cook 2 minutes per side, then flip and cook 1 minute more, or until heated through and lightly browned.
5. Place on top of the reserved arugula mixture.
6. Combine the remaining 1?2 teaspoon plain Dannon Oikos nonfat Greek yogurt, 1 teaspoon mustard, and 1 teaspoon horseradish in a small bowl. Spoon on top of the salmon cakes.
You'll also love
- Orange Dreamsicle Gobs 4.3/5 (3 Votes)
- Honey Lime chicken Enchiladas 4.3/5 (3 Votes)
- Warm Bacon Spinach Salad 4.3/5 (3 Votes)
- Arugula, Watermelon and Feta Salad 4.3/5 (3 Votes)
- Wine-Glazed Grilled Halibut 4.3/5 (3 Votes)
- Seafood: Shellfish and Potatoes a... 4.3/5 (3 Votes)
- Halibut Summer Rolls with... 4.3/5 (3 Votes)
- Horseradish Salmon Cakes 4.3/5 (3 Votes)