Oregon Salmon Patties
Excellent recipe for canned or fresh salmon patties. This recipe is from the Oregon coast
- 1 (14.75 ounce) can salmon
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2/3 cup cracker crumbs
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 3 tablespoons shortening
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 35mins
1. Drain the salmon, reserving 3/4 cup of the liquid. Flake the meat. Melt butter in a large skillet over medium- high heat. Add onion, and cook until tender.
2. In a medium bowl, combine the onions with the reserved salmon liquid, 1/3 of the cracker crumbs, eggs, parsley, mustard and salmon. Mix until well blended, then shape into six patties. Coat patties in remaining cracker crumbs.
3. Melt shortening in a large skillet over medium heat. Cook patties until browned, then carefully turn and brown on the other side.