White Bean Salad With Spicy Roasted Tomatoes and Broccoli
- 2 bunches broccoli, trimmed, florets and stems cut into 1-inch pieces (4 cups)
- 3 large garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 5 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1 pound large cherry tomatoes, halved (about 3 cups)
- 1 tablespoon coarsely chopped fresh oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper, flakes
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- Freshly ground pepper
- 2 cups drained jarred or canned large white beans, such as large lima beans or gigande beans
- 2 ounces baby spinach (about 2 cups)
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Toss together broccoli, half the garlic, 2 teaspoons oil, and 1/4 teaspoon salt, and arrange on a rimmed baking sheet. Roast until broccoli is just tender, 15 to 20 minutes. Transfer to a plate; let cool completely.
Toss together tomatoes, remaining garlic, the oregano, red pepper flakes, remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt, and 1 teaspoon oil. Arrange on baking sheet. Roast until tomatoes have softened and skins begin to wrinkle, 15 to 20 minutes. Transfer to a plate; let cool completely.
Whisk mustard, vinegar, and lemon juice in a small bowl. Whisk in remaining 2 teaspoons oil; season with pepper.
Just before serving, toss together beans, broccoli, tomatoes, spinach, and dressing. Salad can be refrigerated in an airtight container up to 8 hours.
You'll also love
- Cran-Apple Muffin Cake 5/5 (1 Votes)
- MOROCCAN WHEATBERRY SALAD 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Asparagus, Grilled 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Icing for Carrot Cake 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Curried Chickpeas and Kale 5/5 (1 Votes)
- CHINESE CHICKEN, BROCCOLI, AND... 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Stuffed Baked Tomatoes 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Summer Chopped Tomato Salad 5/5 (1 Votes)