Onion Tomato Chutney
- To garnish:
- 1 onion
- 2 ripe tomato
- 3 red chillies
- 5 tbsp coconut gratings
- 2 tsp fried gram (pottu kadalai)
- 1/2 inch ginger
- 2 cloves garlic-optional
- salt to taste
- Oil 2 tsp
- Oil- 1 tsp
- Mustard seeds- 1 tsp
- Urad dal - 1/2 tsp
- Curry leaves- 1 sprig
Add oil in a kadai.
Roughly chop tomatoes and onion.
Roast tomatoes and onion for a few minutes. Allow it to cool
Grind to a paste with the other ingredients mentioned for chutney with sufficient salt.
Add oil in another pan, add the garnish ingredients. Once the mustard splutters and urad dal turns golden brown, transfer to the chutney
Tastes great with idlis, dosas, paniyaram!
You'll also love
- Joe's Crab Shack Crab Cakes 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Stuffed Hungarian Banana Peppers 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Salmon en Croute with Spinach and... 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Butternut Squash Soup (The Chew) 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Onion Board (pletzel) 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Melting Pots French onion swiss... 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Tomato Souffle 5/5 (1 Votes)