Puerto Rican Carne Molida - Ground Beef
if you're looking for a tasty ground beef recipes this Puerto Rican Carne Molida dish is a must try! Perfectly seasoned ground beef is pan fried with potatoes and carrots in a tomato sauce. Serve with or over rice and enjoy!
- 3 pounds ground beef
- 1 tablespoon adobo
- 3/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 tablespoon meat tenderizer
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 packet Sazón
- 1 1/2 tablespoon tomato paste
- 2 1/2 tablespoons tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons sofrito (or recaito)
- 10 to 11 green olives (Spanish salad olives) plus 1 to 2 teaspoons olive liquid
- 3 small potatoes, peeled, rinsed, and cubed
- 10 baby carrots, rinsed and chopped
Preparation time 5mins
Cooking time 30mins
Adapted from modernmami.com
Season the ground beef with adobo, black pepper, and meat tenderizer.
In a large pan over medium heat, add the, olive oil, seasoned ground beef, Sazón, tomato paste, tomato sauce, sofrito, green plives, cubed potatoes and chopped carrots.
Cover pan and cook on low-medium heat until ground beef is browned, stirring occasionally. Turn heat down to low and continue cooking until potatoes are tender and ground beef is well cooked, stirring occasionally.
You'll also love
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (888 Votes)
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.4/5 (892 Votes)
- Blood Orange Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (741 Votes)
- Sausage, Egg & Biscuit Casserole 4.5/5 (706 Votes)
- Crockpot Cheese Tortellini and... 4.5/5 (677 Votes)
- Crock Pot Ravioli Casserole 4.5/5 (475 Votes)
- Slow Cooker Beef Stroganoff 4.5/5 (280 Votes)
- Cowboy Casserole 4.5/5 (197 Votes)