Pioneer Woman's Meatloaf
Nothing says comfort food like meatloaf wrapped in bacon strips. There's only one word to describe this dish... delicious!
- TOMATO SAUCE:
- 1 cup milk
- 6 bread slices
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 cup Parmesan, grated
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon seasoned salt, such as Lawry's
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup flat-leaf parsley, minced
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 8 to 12 thin bacon slices
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 6 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- Dash or 2 hot sauce (more if you like)
- Dash or 2 Worcestershire sauce
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 95mins
Preheat the oven to 350°F.
Pour the milk over the bread and allow it to soak in for several minutes. Place the ground beef, milk-soaked bread, Parmesan, salt, some pepper, seasoned salt and parsley in a large mixing bowl. Pour in the eggs. With clean hands, mix the ingredients until well combined.
Form the mixture into a loaf shape on a foil-lined broiler pan, which will allow the fat from the meat to drain.
Lay the bacon slices over the top, tucking them underneath the meatloaf to give the meatloaf some support.
Pour the ketchup into a bowl. Add the brown sugar and dry mustard, and splash in the hot sauce and Worcestershire sauce. Stir the mixture until well combined. Pour one-third of the sauce over the top of the meatloaf.
Bake for 45 minutes, and then pour over another one-third of the remaining tomato sauce over the meatloaf.
Bake for an additional 20 to 25 minutes; the meatloaf should be no longer pink in the middle. Allow to sit 10 minutes before serving.
You'll also love
- The Frog Commissary Carrot Cake 4.2/5 (31 Votes)
- Sugar Free Angel Food Cake 3.8/5 (145 Votes)
- Panera's Low-Fat Lemon Chicken... 4.3/5 (22 Votes)
- Substitute corn starch 3.8/5 (43 Votes)
- Lobster Mashed Potatoes 3.8/5 (51 Votes)
- Authentic Anchor Bar Buffalo... 3.8/5 (32 Votes)
- Alfredo Pork Chops 4.2/5 (6 Votes)
- Chicken and Spinach Paleo Ravioli 4.7/5 (3 Votes)