Zucchini Banana Bread
Servings Per Recipe: 14
Amount Per Serving = 1 slice:
Total Fat: 6.7 g
Cholesterol: 0.0 mg
Sodium: 118.2 mg
Total Carbs: 21.2 g
Sugars: 4.4 g
Dietary Fiber: 6.7 g
Protein: 3.6 g
WW Points+: 4
- 1/4 cup flax seed, ground
- 1/2 cup + 3 tbsp warm water
- 1 +1/2 cups zucchini, shredded (don't squeeze)
- 2 large overripe bananas, mashed (1 cup measured after mashing)
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 tbsp maple syrup or honey, (optional & depends on how ripe are bananas)
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 + 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1 cup sorghum, spelt or whole wheat flour
- 1 tbsp baking powder, aluminum free
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Cooking spray (I use Misto)
Adapted from ifoodreal.com
1.Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and spray non-stick loaf pan with cooking spray. I used longer 12" x 4.5" dish but regular 9" x 5" would work as well. Set aside.
2.In a small bowl, whisk together flax seed and water. Let sit for 5 minutes while you are getting other ingredients ready.
3.In a medium bowl, add zucchini, bananas, coconut oil, maple syrup (if using), vanilla extract, flax seed mixture and stir to combine.
4.In another medium bowl, whisk to combine coconut flour, sorghum/spelt/whole wheat flour, baking powder, cinnamon and salt. Add to a bowl with wet ingredients and mix until well combined. Batter will be very dry and that's OK.
5.Transfer to a prepared loaf pan and pat with spatula into a loaf and until the top is smooth. This bread doesn't rise, so it doesn't require delicate handling.
6.Bake for 50 minutes. Remove from the oven and let cool in the pan for 15 minutes. Carefully transfer to a cooling rack and let cool another 30 minutes. Cut into 14 slices with a serrated knife and enjoy warm or cold.
Storage Instructions: Keep covered in a cool place for 3 days, in a fridge for up to 1 week or freeze in an airtight container for up to 3 months.
You'll also love
- Spiced Apple Tart 4.5/5 (10 Votes)
- Chinese Roast Pork 4.5/5 (10 Votes)
- Lemon-Poppy Seed Bread 4.5/5 (10 Votes)
- Rhubarb Cobbler 4.5/5 (10 Votes)
- Easter Carrot Cake 4.5/5 (10 Votes)
- Pumpkin Pie with Candied Pecans 4.5/5 (10 Votes)
- Maple Pumpkin Butter 4.5/5 (10 Votes)
- Cheezy Zucchini And Pasta Frittata 4.5/5 (10 Votes)