Banana Bread Brownies
More dense than banana bread, this dessert is rich and filling. The brown butter frosting is something you will dream about days after the bars disappear from your serving platter.
- BANANA BREAD BARS:
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2 eggs
- 1 3/4 cups ripe bananas, mashed, about 3 to 4
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- BROWN BUTTER FROSTING:
- 1/2 cups butter
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoon milk
Preparation time 5mins
Cooking time 30mins
Heat oven to 375°F. Grease and flour 15x10 inch jelly roll pan. For the bars, in a large bowl, beat together sugar, sour cream, butter, and eggs until creamy. Blend in bananas and vanilla extract. Add flour, baking soda, salt, and blend for 1 minute. Stir in walnuts.
Spread batter evenly into pan. Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown.
Meanwhile, for frosting, heat butter in a large saucepan over medium heat until boiling. Let the butter turn a delicate brown and remove from heat immediately.
Add powdered sugar, vanilla extract and milk. Whisk together until smooth (it should be thicker than a glaze but thinner than frosting). Using a spatula, spread the brown butter frosting over the warm bars (the frosting will be easier to spread while the bars are still warm).
Yield: 2 dozen large bars
You'll also love
- Body Flush and Detox Water 4.2/5 (763 Votes)
- Crock Pot Beef & Broccoli 4.3/5 (637 Votes)
- Lipton Souperior Meatloaf 3.8/5 (1257 Votes)
- Strawberry Brownies 3.8/5 (1794 Votes)
- Eggplant Tomato Pie 3.8/5 (832 Votes)
- Raising Cane’s Dipping Sauce 3.8/5 (695 Votes)
- Mastro's Butter Cake 3.8/5 (890 Votes)
- Banana Brownies with Frosting 3.8/5 (694 Votes)