Bacon Wrapped Potatoes with Queso Blanco Dip
Anything wrapped in bacon will get the crowd munching. This Bacon Wrapped Potatoes with Queso Blanco Dipappetizer is a great appetizer.
- 2 medium-size red potatoes, cut into 8 wedges each
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 16 center-cut bacon slices
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup diced red onion
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 12 ounces queso blanco pasteurized prepared cheese product, cubed
- 1 block pepper Jack cheese, 8 ounces shredded
- 1/2 cup half-and-half
- 1 (4-ounce) can green chiles, chopped
- 1 plum tomato, seeded and diced
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
Adapted from myrecipes.com
Place a lightly greased wire rack in an aluminum foil-lined 15- x 10-inch jelly-roll pan.
Preheat oven to 425°F. Sprinkle potato wedges with salt. Wrap each with 1 bacon slice. Arrange potato wedges in a single layer in prepared pan. Sprinkle with pepper.
Bake at 425°F for 40 to 45 minutes or until bacon is crisp and browned.
Meanwhile, sauté onion in hot oil in a small nonstick skillet over medium-high heat 5 minutes or until tender. Add garlic, and sauté 1 minute. Remove from heat.
Combine queso blanco, next 3 ingredients, and onion mixture in a large microwave-safe glass bowl. Microwave at high 2 1/2 minutes; stir and microwave 2 1/2 more minutes or until cheese is melted and mixture is smooth, stirring at 1-minute intervals.
Stir diced tomato and cilantro into queso blanco mixture. Serve dip with potato wedges.
Note: We tested with Velveeta Queso Blanco for prepared cheese product.
You'll also love
- Blueberry Chocolate Chip Ice Cream 4.6/5 (19 Votes)
- Beef and Onions braised in beer 4.6/5 (19 Votes)
- Mom's Potato Salad 4.6/5 (19 Votes)
- crispy roast potatoes 4.6/5 (19 Votes)
- Bacon & Onion Foil Packet Potatoes 4.6/5 (19 Votes)
- Irish Soda Bread 4.6/5 (19 Votes)
- Pork Tenderloin with Gravy 4.6/5 (19 Votes)
- Reuben Pigs in Blankets 4.6/5 (19 Votes)