Peach & Walnut Oatmeal Pancakes with Maple Syrup
Forget boxed pancake mixes! Most likely, you have the ingredients you need to make these pancakes, that have just the right balance of cinnamon, old-fashioned oatmeal (for texture), a crunch of toasted walnuts, and fresh peaches. The moistness of the pancakes comes from milk and sour cream-- but, I used low-fat milk and nonfat Greek Yogurt. A 1/4 stick of butter is added to give these pancakes a rich flavor, so cutting calories made me feel less guilty. Pure maple syrup is the final touch to these hearty and delicious pancakes.
- 1 cup old fashioned oats
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- Pinch kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup, chopped walnuts
- 3/4 cup sour cream (I used nonfat Greek Yogurt)
- 3/4 cup whole milk (I used 1% milk)
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup walnuts, coarsely chopped (I pre-toasted them)
- 3/4 cup peaches, diced (approx. 1 ripe fresh peach; drained can peaches would work
- 1/2 stick unsalted butter, 1/4 cup, melted, plus additional for buttering skillet
- Maple syrup or honey, for drizzling
- NOTE: You can add any kind of fruit that you desire
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 25mins
Adapted from foodiewife-kitchen.blogspot.com
Mix dry ingredients in a bowl.
In a another bowl, mix the wet ingredients
Whisk the wet ingredients into the dry until just combined, then fold in the diced peaches and walnuts.* Stir in the melted butter.
NOTE: I store my walnuts in the freezer, so that the oil doesn't cause them to go rancid. I toast the frozen walnuts in a dry skillet on high heat for 1 to 2 minutes.
Heat a griddle over medium heat and brush with additional melted butter.
Cook pancakes, each about 1/3 cup, until bubbles form on the top, then turn.
Cakes will cook in about 2 minutes on each side.
Keep pancakes tented with foil as they come off the griddle to keep them hot.
Serve with pure maple syrup over the top.
You'll also love
- Lemon Curd Custard Ice Cream 4.3/5 (22 Votes)
- Polish Poor Mans Shrimp 4.5/5 (19 Votes)
- Lemon Pudding Cake 4.3/5 (30 Votes)
- Easy Creamy Chicken Ramen 4.4/5 (30 Votes)
- Balsamic Roasted Chicken and... 4.4/5 (29 Votes)
- Lemon Blueberry Drizzle Bread 4.4/5 (30 Votes)
- Breakfast Pork Chops 4.4/5 (7 Votes)
- Buttermilk Pancakes with Fresh... 4.7/5 (6 Votes)