Green Beans with Peppers
Kick your green bean side dish up a notch by adding green, yellow and red bell peppers. The colors are amazing and it tastes great!
- 1 pound green beans
- 1 sweet red pepper
- 1 sweet yellow pepper
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled and finely sliced
- 3 tablespoons evoo
- Hot red pepper flakes
- Black pepper
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme
- Sea salt
- Zest of 1 lemon
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 20mins
Trim the beans and core the peppers. Thinly slice peppers. Cook beans and pepper strips in salted boiling water until tender crisp. Drain and drop the vegetables in a bowl of ice water and let sit for 10 minutes.
Drain beans and dry well.
In a wide bottomed pan, heat the olive oil and season with salt, pepper and red pepper flakes. Add the garlic and cook just until sizzling, add beans and peppers. Cook for a minute or two until the beans are flavored with the oil mixture and are warm.
Add the lemon zest and fresh thyme and toss to mix well.
Serve immediately or at room temperature.
You'll also love
- Paleo Brussel Sprout Egg Skillet 4.6/5 (16 Votes)
- Peach Mango Pineapple White Sangria 4.3/5 (18 Votes)
- Classic Swedish Pizza Salad 4.3/5 (53 Votes)
- Light & Fluffy Pancakes 4.1/5 (30 Votes)
- Pumpkin-Oat Chocolate Chip Cookies 4.5/5 (24 Votes)
- Broccoli Rice & Cheese Casserole 4.3/5 (29 Votes)
- Roasted Garlic Mashed Potatoes 4.3/5 (15 Votes)
- Skinny Green Bean Casserole 4.6/5 (14 Votes)