Cinnamon Oatmeal Scones
Perfect for any brunch or breakfast spread, these Cinnamon Oatmeal Scones are perfect to serve at your next gathering. Serve with whipped butter, berry jams and jellies, or whipped cream and fresh berries for a truly decadent way to start the day. Filled with the luscious flavors of cinnamon, brown sugar, and rolled oats, these scones are actually good for you.
- 1 1/2 cups flour (substitute 1/2 whole wheat flour if you like)
- 3/4 cups rolled oats
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 50mins
Adapted from simplysavvyrecipes.com
Heat oven to 375°F.
Combine flour, oats, brown sugar, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon.
With a pastry blender cut in the butter until crumbly. Add milk to mixture and stir just until dry ingredients are moistened.
On a floured surface knead dough 5 to 6 times. Place on a greased cookie sheet and press into a 6-inch-round circle about 1-inch thick. Cut into 8 wedges (leave it in a circle). Place into preheated oven for 20 to 30 minutes or until just brown.
Drizzle with Cinnamon Icing while warm.
You'll also love
- Hippie Juice 4.1/5 (67 Votes)
- Ground Beef Stroganoff 3.9/5 (160 Votes)
- Samoa Brownie Parfait with Salted... 4.4/5 (39 Votes)
- Moist Pumpkin-Spice Muffins from... 4.2/5 (57 Votes)
- Baked Macaroni & Cheese Balls 4.1/5 (109 Votes)
- Creamy Coconut Cake 4.2/5 (45 Votes)
- Strawberry Blintzes 4.2/5 (45 Votes)
- Apple Puff Up Pancake - Dutch... 4.4/5 (37 Votes)
Review this recipe