Red Russian Kale and Chorizo Soup
This lightly spicy soup shows off the heirloom kale's tender texture and mile flavor.
- 8 oz. Spanish chorizo, thinly sliced crosswise
- 1 T olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 tsp each red chile flakes and pepper
- 7 cups reduced sodium chicken broth
- 3/4 lb. russet potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 12 oz. Red Russian kale, or other kale, stems removed and leaves cut into slender ribbons
- Kosher salt (optional)
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 30mins
1. Cook chorizo in oil in a pot over medium high heat, stirring often, until browned, about 5 minutes. Transfer chorizo to a paper towel with a slotted spoon.
2. Add onion to fat in pot and sauté until softened, 3 to 5 minutes. Stir in garlic, chile flakes, and pepper; cook about 1 minute. Add broth and potato; cover and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer until potato is tender, about 5 minutes.
3. Stir in kale and chorizo; cover and bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer until kale is tender, 3 to 5 minutes. Season with salt.
You'll also love
- Sausage Won-Ton Wrappers 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Steak Garlic and Balsamic Grilled... 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Vietnamase Beef Jerky (Thit kho bo) 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- citrus champagne punch 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Corned Beef Hash 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Organic Broccolini & Spinach Soup 4.4/5 (10 Votes)
- Chicken Lettuce Wraps 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Italian Sausage Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (2 Votes)